Thursday, April 13, 2017

Time to take notice

Having had MG for about 40 years now, I thought I had pretty much kept it at bay and was in control. I can now say that that is not the case. It hit like a ton of bricks. I was so week I had to sit after crossing the room. I was physically exhausted all the time. I tried to extra rest and stress reducing I had used in the past and instead of improving I was getting even weaker. & days of this rest and I called my doctor. I was given an appointment for 7 days later. I felt like crying most of the time. Tired , muscle spasms and just scared. I had been told once that it is possible to have and onset and never recover to where you were before. What would I do, if that was the case.
   The doctor prescribed Prendisone, day 1, I felt amazing.  Like I was 20. I wanted to cry I was so happy. Energy, strength and an over all feeling of health.  I made an appointment with a new neurologist in Madison for May 1st. Hopefully a change in meds or new med addition can keep this feeling going.
  Not feeling well and helpless is torture for me. I have 11 grandkids and 8 Great grandkids and 3 more on the way. I cringe at the thought of not being physically able to hold then or carry them. I still want to play cars on the floor and blow bubbles in the yard. I am not going down without a fight.
STRESS is my number 1 problem....kids, money, illness, aging family members. Life hits me hard. But this scare has made me take a good look at how I react and try to handle things for me and everyone else.....I am a control freak.....so my new motto is



No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to take notice

Having had MG for about 40 years now, I thought I had pretty much kept it at bay and was in control. I can now say that that is not the case...